Before & After
• On the day of the appointment please come in make-up free.
• No eyelash extensions week before and until 4 weeks after your touchup session when your eyeliner healing process is complete
• If you wear contacts please bring glasses with you since you are not going to be able to wear contacts for 48 hours post procedure
• If you are on blood thinners we require a note from your Doctor allowing you to go off of them for 3 days prior to your procedure and the note must also have the Doctors approval for the procedure (Please make sure you stop taking these 3 full days prior to your appointment)
• Please do not take aspirin, green tea, vitamin E, or any Herbs for 3 days prior to your procedure. If your Doctor has you on aspirin every day we will need your Doctor’s approval in written form for you to stop taking the aspirin
• If you are prone to cold sores, please get a prescription of Valtrex (1000mg for 14 days) and begin taking it 7 days prior to your procedure and 7 days after your procedure (for any type of permanent cosmetics, not just the lips).
• If you are under treatment for any form of cancer, you must wait until your treatment is complete. It is recommended to get permanent makeup before you start any cancer treatment
• No alcohol for 24 hours prior to your procedure.
Please be advised that women that are on or near their menstrual cycle have a tendency to bleed a bit more during the procedure than women that are not. In addition- numbing agents also seem to not take as well to women who are menstruating. If you wish to avoid this please let us know.
Careful aftercare is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
• It’s important not to get your eyes wet for 48 hours after the procedure.
• No contacts for 48 hours
• Eyeliner may or may not be puffy for a day or two. Black tea bags soaked in cold water may be applied to reduce swelling few times a day for 5-10 minutes.
•If a crust forms on the pigmented surface, do not force removal by scratching or abrasive washing. The pigment could be removed along with the crust. Be gentle with your tattoo and let it exfoliate its upper layer without your help. Some itching is normal. AGAIN DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the treated area or your color may heal unevenly.
• No make-up is to be applied on or to close to new tattoo until it is healed ( 3-4 weeks). Old or used make-up can be loaded with bacteria which could cause infection. After eyeliner is healed it is advised to start with brand new mascara.
• Do not use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks, and if you are using an eyelash extender product such as LiLash/brow or Latisse please discontinue until 4 weeks after your touchup session and your eyeliner or brows are complete
• FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS,PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.
▪ If you donate blood, it is a Red Cross policy that you must wait one year after any tattooing procedure.
What to expect?
Immediate side effects following permanent eyeliner application include swelling that lasts anywhere from two to 72 hours after application. Bleeding and bruising also may occur after the eyeliner is applied. Also, the eyeliner color typically appears much darker for as many as 10 days after the procedure. any unevenness is fixed on your 4-6 week touchup appointment.You may also experience a burning, itching, painful or swelling sensation around the injection site. If this persists after several days, you should see a physician, as this may be an abnormal reaction.