• You must be off Retin-A or Retinols 7 days prior to appointment and avoid or or around the area for 30 days after. If used before 30 days, it can cause the pigments to fade prematurely.
• If you are on blood thinners we require a note from your Doctor allowing you to go off of them for 3 days prior to your procedure and the note must also have the Doctors approval for the procedure (Please make sure you stop taking these 3 full days prior to your appointment)
• Any break out of cold sores you MUST wait 2 weeks before ANY procedure once they have cleared
• Please do not take aspirin, green tea, vitamin E, or any Herbs for 3 days prior to your procedure. If your Doctor has you on aspirin every day we will need your Doctor’s approval in written form for you to stop taking the aspirin
• If you are prone to cold sores, please get a prescription of Valtrex (1000mg for 14 days) and begin taking it 7 days prior to your procedure and 7 days after your procedure (for any type of permanent cosmetics, not just the lips)
• If you are under treatment for any form of cancer, you must wait until your treatment is complete. It is recommended to get permanent makeup before you start any cancer treatment
• No alcohol for 24 hours prior to your procedure.
• No caffeine or Salty Foods for 24 hours to your procedure.
Please be advised that women that are on or near their menstrual cycle have a tendency to bleed a bit more during the procedure than women that are not. In addition- numbing agents also seem to not take as well to women who are menstruating. If you wish to avoid this please let us know.
Careful aftercare is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
• It’s important not to get the brows wet during the healing process (5 - 7 days).
• Use clear triple antibiotic ointment for 24 hours, then switch to Vaseline for the remaining 4 days. Apply ointment with q-tip morning and night or before a shower or workout for the full five days. Be gentle, do not pull off the scabs prematurely. Your brows should remain dry all day and all night. Following this procedure will ensure the formation of thin scabs thus more color retention. Keep out of the sun for seven days.Then after seven days wear sunscreen to aid in the longevity of your tattoo.
• As instructed apply the ointments with freshly washed hands or a Q-tip. Never touch the procedure area without washing your hands immediately before.It is very important to keep the brows covered with ointment while in shower or during a strenuous workout to prevent moisture from penetrating.
• Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
• Do not use any makeup on the brows for at least 5 days.
• After the procedure is completely healed, you may go back to your regular cleansing and makeup routine. Avoid scrubbing the area. Use sun block after the procedure area is healed to protect from sun fading.
• FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS,PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.
Cautions: If the skin around the eyebrows breaks out in a heat rash, small pimples, this is usually a reaction to the numbing solution and should go away by itself in a couple weeks,don’t pick. Please call immediately if this occurs so a technician can make note of the reaction and follow up to ensure this is not a more serious situation.Warnings
▪ Do Not use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing!
▪ Do Not scrub or pick treated areas!
▪ Do Not expose area to the sun or tanning beds!
▪ Avoid swimming pool for 14 days!
▪ Do Not dye or tweeze eyebrows for one week after the procedure!Failure to follow post procedure instructions may result in infection or loss/discoloration of pigment.
• Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Aftercare ointments work well for scabbing and tightness.
• Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 2-7 days the darkness will fade, and once any swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears. If it is too dark or still a bit uneven after 4 weeks then we will make adjustments during the touchup appointment.
• Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear in places. This can all be addressed during the touchup appointment which is why touchup is necessary. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing takes about four weeks.
• Need a touchup months later. A touchup may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touchup procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure.We recommend the first touchup 30 days after the first session; which is included in price. Then every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. Future touch up sessions will cost the current touch up rate at the time you have it done. If most of the hair strokes have faded, the entire procedure will need to be repeated. An email photo consultation may be necessary to determine if you need a touchup or a repeat of the entire procedure.